Wednesday, July 21, 2010


Well, here I sit at my computer, preoccupying myself with the things one would preoccupy themselves with on the eve of a life-changing trip. Some serious questions that still tingle in the back of my such as: Will I make my connecting flight? Will I be stuck next to the guy that drools in-flight? Do they use 1-ply or 2-ply in Argentina?
But really, it is a bit nerve-racking. I have traveled internationally before, but never thrust into another culture. As a child I moved from state to state on a number of occasions, and I equate this experience to once again, being the "new kid" in school...just in a different language, a different family, and no recess after lunch.
Nonetheless, I can't wait to meet my new family and to get familiarized with the staff on-site--they have been very helpful so far.

Sleep is what I need, and it's going to be fun at the lovely Detroit Metro airport tomorrow. Hopefully if the state deems me worthy to fly tomorrow and the stars align correctly, my next post will be from Buenos Aires in a few days.
Hasta Pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment